Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of school

I didn't get my first day of school picture like I thought I would have. Oh well. IT was a great day. I really love starting on Thursday because after two days I have the weekend to recover, re-evaluate my lesson plans, and reflect. I always seem to forget that the kids that come into my classroom don't necessarily have the idea of community that I wish they did. Either that or they certainly don't have the idea of a community together. I also forget the extreme energy that it takes to get twenty or more kids to all understand the basic concepts about the most simple tasks. They don't know the rituals and routine of the classroom yet, and how should they? They don't know the importance of not whispering to your friend when another classmate is talking. All of these are things to come in the next few weeks. Slowly, but surely. Boy did I forget.

This is a great group of kids and I can't wait for the things to come. I love my job!

No comments: