Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Plans

Yesterday I was released from the hospital around five. Thank goodness. Everybody was very nice, but still. It was a hospital. I didn't get any sleep on my over-night stay because they kept me continuously connected to monitors for each baby for their heart rates. They connect the monitors to my belly with 3-inch wide elastic bands that wrap all the way around me. There is one for each baby, and another that is to monitor contractions. Every time I would move, or a baby would move the nurse would come in and have to re-adjust them. Then they had to make sure they had two separate heart rates, and not two of the same. Needless to say, they were making constant adjustments all day and night.

Anyhow, I slept in until eight this morning. Those of you who know me well know that eight is totally sleeping late for me! :) Scott brought Emily downstairs and they have been watching "Captain Planet" marathon episodes in honor of Earth Day while I slept.

Scott has his computer test for the National Board certification this morning at 11:30. A friend of mine is going with me and Emily to the mall to pick a few clothing items that will complete my hospital bag. If the past few days did anything, they showed Scott and I that we need to prepare to have these babies at either time. Next on the list is installing the baby seats.

And finally, the very day I get my mini-van back from being fixed, Scott's truck goes in because of a check engine light. Turns out it will cost over $300. I don't think it is ironic that just last night our state tax return got deposited into our checking account. I thought that was very cool.

Hope everybody has a great Saturday!

No comments: