Saturday, November 07, 2009

What a beautiful morning!

Sleep is a marvelous thing! Our babies slept so well last night! We put them down at seven, and with the exception of some minor fussing that was quickly resolved, they slept until seven this morning! Oh what a blessing!

Here they are declaring to the world that they are fabulous sleepers!

And if a picture could ever sum up their different personalities, I think this one does! Sweet smiley Elsie Faith, and an ornery silly Eli!

Once we were all awake and downstairs we fed them their favorite breakfast, which is homemade applesauce and oatmeal baby cereal. They both ate an entire bowl, which consists of over three ounces of applesauce and over 1/4 C. of cereal.

Weekends are always so great because Daddy gets to help feed the twins breakfast. Normally they are so hungry that they grunt in between bites because I have to switch bowls/spoons as I got back and forth between the twins. Elsie Especially hates this because I never shovel the food in fast enough to her liking. This morning she was pleased to have her daddy all to herself!
And finally, here is what the rest of us made. Whole wheat blueberry muffins. Emily thinks the wait time while they bake is the longest time ever, and I wish I had a picture of her eating her muffin, but she inhaled two whole muffins too fast! This was the first time I made the recipe using whole wheat flour. I had to make some minor adjustments to account for the thickness, but overall I think they tasted fabulous.
We are all well-slept and refreshed. I think I got hours and hours of sleep last night, and I feel like I belong to the living once again. What a great start to the weekend. The babies are now asleep (on their own) for their morning nap and I just can't wait to call my mom and talk with her! Its the first Saturday in awhile that we haven't had a soccer game to run off too, so I can't wait to get back to my normal Saturday routine of talking with my mom over coffee. Hey, she won't mind if I wake her, right? Maybe I'll go ahead and call. Its 6:18 a.m. there, and she should be up this early on a Saturday, right? Sure! :)

2 comments:

Women of Prayer said...

Praise God the babies slept...and you did too! We have an amazing God and you are an amazing mom! Love you and praying for you, Marti

Anonymous said...

Malisa, those pictures are hilarious and adorable!!! It was great seeing all of you (minus Scott) at school!!

Lisa