Thursday, December 03, 2009

A late post of Thanksgiving

Last week Elsie and I were sick with our own crud, and I kept thinking all week that I needed to make a list of everything I was thankful for to post on the blog because we are so blessed! But I never got around to it, and Thanksgiving passed. Today is a great day for a thankful post!

1. I'm thankful we were discharged from the hospital and got to come home late yesterday.

2. I'm thankful our pediatrician came to see us, and had a much better spin on what he believed happened with Eli. He saw Elsie with her virus last week, and thinks Eli got that, and may have even aspirated when he was asleep after he refluxed. He's seen the way Eli swallows back down when he refluxed. I'm so thankful that he knows our kids.

3. I'm thankful that we can go straight to a pharmacy and get meds for our kids when they are sick.

4. I'm thankful that I can stay all day and night at the hospital and concentrate on getting our son better without worrying about our daughters at home. Scott can handle anything, and he doesn't even have to call me one hundred times to ask questions. He's involved, capable, and loving.

5. I'm so thankful that for the prayers of my friends and family.

6. I'm thankful that even while my kids have been sick A LOT this past month, they will get better. Being at a children's hospital reminds me that there are many parents there who's children won't get better.

7. I'm thankful that our Emily was SO EXCITED to see her brother yesterday when she came to bring us home. She loves her twins so much. What lucky babies they are to have such a sweet and loving big sister!

8. I'm thankful for so many friends who are willing to help out. Friends to play with Emily while I go to the follow-up today, friends to help out getting her to and from preschool, and friends to drive me to the emergency room and stay all night long so I wasn't by myself.

9. I'm thankful for a sister in nursing who I can call and ask questions to when something doesn't look right. Boy I wish my sister could have been there to put in Eli's IV!!

10. I'm thankful for my parents. I called my mom and dad many many times, because that's just what I do, but also because it makes me feel so much better to talk things through with them. They celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary yesterday while worrying and praying. I'll make sure I tell Eli about his poor timing when he gets older!

No comments: