Scott and I have some friends who marvel at the many new things they learn the more they hang with Scott. A similar comment was made to me by a neighbor this afternoon, and yet again a few days ago. I started to think about it, and decided this was worthy of a blog post. I'd be curious to know which things shocked/humored/horrified you the most...
1. Scott was originally a music major before he changed majors to education. He marched in the Rose Parade carrying his tuba three years in a row.
2. There is a large tattoo on his upper right arm.
3. When he was (much) younger, he got in trouble with the cops more than once. One specific instance was when he and his brother were throwing hot tar off the top of a building down on to the cars below.
4. He spent a month backpacking across Europe
5. He's had seven different surgeries
6. He accepted Christ on March 26, 1992 when he was 19.
7. He once lived with a friend's grandmother. She spoke no English, so he learned quickly. I still love to hear the way he orders at a Mexican restaurant.
8. Scott listens to crazy rap, heavy metal, and various other genres of music. (all but country, which he swears gives him headaches.) His favorite group is Rush, but he's also a big fan of Ozzie Osborne.
9. He was once a state ranked tennis player
10. In high school he had long blonde hair and wore a long dangly skull earring.
11. In high school he had a teacher tell him that he would never make it in college. His teacher also told him that she hated him.
12. While living in southern California he would ride his bike from the city of Santa Fe Springs all the way to Seal Beach every day.
13. His wife loves him! But I'm sure you already knew that!