Saturday, March 18, 2006

The first birthday party!


So this is a little late on the posting, but that's okay. Emily's first birthday party was last Saturday. We had my mom, sis, grandparents, cousin, and some friends over. The weather was in the low 80's so we BBQd outside. The entire day was nice, minus Emily getting sick toward the latter part of the evening (and yes... it was ANOTHER double ear infection, even after the tubes, but that's another story).

Anyhow, everything went really well. Emily got a new trike with a handle that goes up to my waist so that I can push her. She also got a new wagon to tote all of our things to the pool this summer in. Really, she could care about any of that. She really just liked the cake. Oh, and hot dogs. We gave her a hot dog for the first time, and she liked that a lot. Oh, and cheetos. She thought Cheetos were awesome. Okay Geez. So we fed our child junk all day.

I still look at her and wonder where the first year has gone. And then my next thought is, "man I want another." Hopefully Scott will finish school soon. Kids are great!

No comments: