Monday, March 20, 2006

The black eye

I had my first church women's softball game of the season this evening. So, one would naturally predict with a title of "the black eye" that it came from either a softball, bat, or some other game paraphernalia. But sadly... no. I left my digital camera in my classroom, or I would totally be taking a picture to attach with this post. Maybe tomorrow.

Let's just say that I have a cut under my right eye, and a cut across the bridge of my eye. Sexy, I know.

How did you get it you ask? Well, you see... there are these gates that go into the dugouts. This particular gate had a very solid metal handle, and I guess I was so excited to go up to the batter's box, that I didn't see the big metal handle on the gate. It caught me right in the face... thus, the black eye, and cut up nose.

To make matter worse, or funnier, depending on how you look at it, I didn't even know that I was hurt. I think I said, "ow" and then walked up to bat. It wasn't until after the first ball went by that I put my hand up to my nose because it tickled, and it was then that I realized I was bleeding all over. Too funny. SO... I actually got a base hit, and after running through first base, I turned to our coach at first and said, "UH.... Jimmy? I think I did something." He looked at me like "how in the world????"

Yeah, only me. I am the only one that can get hurt at a softball game by a gate handle. This should be an interesting season!

No comments: