Tuesday, August 01, 2006

School starts when??

I don't know if I have said much about this, but I am moving to a new school this year. And when I mean new, I mean, being built. I got the choice to go, and am very excited, good opportunity, great administration, new technology...blah blah.

That being said, yesterday was our official "inspection" day. We all hoped it would be completed in time, but every day that I drove by on the way to the gym, I thought, "there's no way." Maybe it was the sewer lines that hadn't been buried, or maybe it was the large piles of dirt in the front, or rather still maybe it was the parking lot that had yet to be paved and was still a dirt lot. But for some reason, it didn't pass inspection. I can't figure it out.

So... we teachers were all excited to get our keys to our classrooms early this morning because just about every other teacher in our district has their entire classroom ready by now. (we go back on the tenth, and have professional development all day every day until the kids come on the seventeenth.) We are all anxious. And we get the email that we can't yet. Nobody is allowed in until it passes inspection, and they are coming back to re-inspect on the ninth.

Great. That means that if it passes we have maybe that afternoon and the weekend to move our stuff in and prepare for school to start.

I guess this is all the excitement that comes with starting a new school, but I am a little bummed. I am going to let this be the last that I complain about it though, because I am sure that it will be alright... as long as it is ready when the kids come in on the seventeenth. Please pray.

No comments: