Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8 things

Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.


So here are my 8 facts about myself:

1. When I was little I decided I didn't really want a little sister, so my parents helped me put postage stamps on her forehead and tried to put her in the mailbox to send her back. It didn't work, but by the time I figured that out I decided I didn't want to send her back after all. I bet my parents counted on me changing my mind, but I have always wondered what they would have done if I hadn't?

2. My favorite time of the week is Sunday morning before church when we all eat breakfast together, followed by Scott and I drinking coffee and reading the newspaper while Emily watches cartoons.

3. At school I like getting the "bad kid" that nobody wants. I guess I am prideful in a way that makes me think I can do what they can't.

4. I was born in Taft. (big sigh)

5. One of my biggest fears is that one day Scott is going to get so mad at my cat's (ethel) devious acts that he will make me get rid of her, and I know nobody else would want her, and a shelter would euthanize her. I think about this too often. (and it doesn't help when she goes into Scott's walk-in closet and pees all over his silk ties. or when she waits for the moment we get home from a trip, makes eye contact with us, and pees all over the kitchen rug.) Thank goodness I have a patient and loving husband.

6. I have an addiction right now with a local Italian cafe that makes their own gellato. I could go there every night.

7. As a nine year old I remember watching the coverage right after the 1989 San Fran earthquake. While taking a bath that night my dad climbed under my bed. Then when I climbed into bed for the night and the lights were out he started jumping up and down, shaking me and my bed. I should be seriously scarred for life after some of the crazy things he pulled with us.

8. One of the biggest things I miss about CA is sitting on our back patio with friends late at night.

Justin, Julie, and Dana... if you take the time, you're next.

No comments: