Monday, August 27, 2007

"Looks like somebodys got a case of the Mondays"

Fifty percent of my struggle with going to the gym is getting my bag together the night before so I can shower there and make it to work on time. So last night when I was getting things ready for the week I put together my bag of things for the morning shower at the gym. I put everything in the car, including my school bags, lap top, etc.

So this morning when the alarm went off at 5:15 I didn't mind getting up because I was well prepared, and that's half the battle, right? I even had new gym clothes which is always a plus. I change and walk out the door and drive the few miles it is to the YMCA.

WHen I get there I realize I can't find my gym card. As I rummage threw my bag I feel a sting on my pinky finger. I take it out to look, and realize I have caught the tip end of my finger on the four-bladed razor in my shower bag. Oops. The darn thing took the entire top off, making my nicely rounded finger into a flat top. It was bleeding like crazy.

Luckily I found a wash cloth and wrapped around my profusely bleeding finger so that I can drive home. It didn't stop bleeding for long time, and now it looks gross as you can see the actually chunk that is missing. I bet if I go back to the razor I could actually find it.

Ughh. And all I wanted to do was get a workout in.
Other than that, my Monday went fine. Anybody else?

No comments: