Saturday, August 25, 2007

And... they're off!

We are back from our trip. We spent time with family, the funeral was arranged beautifully, and Scott gave a beautiful eulogy that I know honored David. Seriously, the boy can write. It couldn't have been worded more eloquently, and I was proud of him for it all.

Now school has officially started. We got back for CA in the wee hours of Monday morning, and then I was up at 5:30 to get to work early and make up all that I didn't get to do the days I was out the week before. Meetings, and then Thursday was our first day with students. I have a great class of 20 (how I love not teaching in CA) who all seem excited to be fourth graders.

Luckily, Scott's start is a little slower than mine, as he began with student interns this past week, started a class today, begins teaching and taking another this week, and then his final class he's taking doesn't begin until mid-September. He is busy, don't get me wrong, but it is staggered. This has been great, because of all that he has done around the house to make up for when we were gone. How thrilled I was to return home last Mon to have my laundry all clean and folded!

Emily started back with Ms. Shari, and she is thrilled. The only drama in her two year-old life is that her special friend T.J. went to Kindergarten this year, and she misses him. Other than that, and she's having a ball.

Today I made a to-do list that included going to Sam's, the market, cleaning toilets, and vacuuming the carpet. I got the shopping done, but think I'd rather take a nap. It's been a long, but good week.

(my first day of school picture to follow)

No comments: