Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trip to the mall

Yesterday the weather was pretty crumby. The weather man kept saying we were going to get more snow, but with accumulation this time. Though that would be fun, we also didn't want to do our typical Sat. dinner out with the potential of black ice. So, we adjusted and spent the mid morning through lunch at the mall.

Scott and I are not big "mall" people. We aren't ones to necessarily go to the mall to "look around." Nor do we have funds for such. However, the pair of brown shoes I wear to work with all my "warm" clothes (i.e. pants) ripped all the way down the sole. It was time to replace them. I found these.
I have been wanting to get these shoes ever since my mom bought me a brown velour suit for christmas, but didn't want to pay full price, and I already had brown shoes. They were on sale, and so I bought them. Very cute.

After lunch at the mall food court we did the normal Emily thing of riding the carousel. The big thing sits right in the food court, and it is always a treat for her to go. This time Scott took her and I sat and watched. Emily rode that thing around and around, each time waving at me as she passed and shouting "Hi Mommy!" She was so proud of herself, and I was beaming with joy. Who knew a carousel could be so thrilling for child and parent?

Anyhoo, off to church we go, and in my head I am trying to negotiate a way for me to wear my new shoes!

No comments: