Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like summer!

This is the last week of school. Good thing too. Everybody is ready to enjoy their summer. The kids are out tomorrow, my last day to sign out is Friday, and then my mom and sis arrive Saturday. The rest of the fam gets here Sunday and will stay until Tuesday, and then Mom and Sis stay till Friday. THen the following Tues. we fly out to Colorado! What a busy couple of weeks! I can't wait! It is such a blessing to know that no matter how far away we are from family and friends, that we can fly out or have people fly in to see us. I am so thankful for that. It is seriously a wonderful gift.

On another note... Em is quite the testy three year old this past couple of weeks. Scott has been the stay at home dad for a couple weeks now, and despite Emily's putting Tide detergent in the aquarium, marking her arms and legs with highlighter, breaking my african violet pot, and spilling yogurt on the carpet, it has been a great time for them! :) Em seems to crave independence so much. She is very mature in some ways, but she is obviously not old enough for me to explain that she can't do everything by herself. Right now her biggest quest for independence is to go into a public bathroom stall all by herself and have me use my own. That apparently in her world is a very big deal. So, it should be an interesting time. All this traveling will be a great time to talk with her and try out new examples of that independence.

No comments: