Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random post-Christmas thoughts

1. How do I change my lay-out without losing all the comments to previous posts?

2. I'm thankful for friends who can show up to a meal, play-date, or whatever after not seeing us for months and start off right were we left off last time.

3. Watching my mom and dad with Emily the past few evenings while they bathe her, watch a movie with her, or share a popcycle makes me grateful that they take time to make every moment count when we're together.

4. We should have brought another suitcase.

5. I'm not looking forward to getting home and taking down all the holiday decorations.

6. Emily really could care less about Santa...and the lack of his name being said this season is just fine with me.

7. New Year's Eve red-eye flights are perfect for our family. Give me a 10:50 p.m. departure with a 4 hr 18 min. direct travel time, and I will give you a family who can sleep on a plane.

8. I miss my quiet time in my recliner at home each morning.

9. Hopefully Dakota wasn't a pain to Meesh all week. I'm grateful to her for watching my pscho, but loving, dog.

10. I think I have narrowed down my favorite restaurants in CA that we don't have in SC. Here they are in no apparent order: Elephant Bar, Mauricio's, Wool Growers, Chicken Pie Shop, Di Ciccos, and any place that serves tri-tip.

11. How in the world did I stay here a week without asking my dad to bbq (or grill even) a tri-tip?

12. The boy down the street who was always the pesky little brother to our neighborhood full of girls is now engaged. I can't tell you how old that makes me feel.

13. Thank you Lord for keeping us all healthy this week when my dad came down with the flu.

14. I hate when my dad is sick. There is something just wrong and unnatural about him being ill.

15. I'm thankful to have four days home before we all return to school. And I'm thankful for my parents' washer and dryer and the clean clothes that can go straight from the suitcases to the closet when we get home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always have to buy an extra suitcase when we visit CA - doesn't matter how many we bring!

And I can't believe they don't have Elephant Bar in SC - we have a couple in Orlando.

Meesh Hays said...

No one is ever happier to see me than your sweet goofball of a dog. I only wish I had been able to vacuum up Fred's hair and wipe up Koder's pawprints before you returned!

Adam said...

It was really great to see you three again. Sorry it couldn't have been longer. =(

Katie said...

I can hardly believe that "pesky" little brother is engaged either. Crazy! Oh, and I FINALLY added you to my blogroll, so now I can keep up with you more regularly. Don't ask me why I didn't do it sooner...Hope all is well.