Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sick Day

I got a call at work this afternoon that Emily was running a fever and not feeling well. Apparently after the first hour of preschool she decided she couldn't do it any more, and sat in a corner and whimpered. She was fine this morning, but something is making her feel awful!

The funny part is that when I got her home I put her directly in bed, where she wanted to go. She laid down and said that her top was not comfy because the hood was making a "bump on her back." When I took it off I suggested she just sleep w/o a shirt. Well, that was blasphemous apparently, because Emily got really frustrated with me. She said, "Mommy, that just wouldn't be cozy!" and then she burst in to tears!

Poor girl. Probably just an ear infection. Easy to fix, yet extremely painful. I'm glad we are getting this taken care of before the air plane ride to CA. Doesn't it seem like this happens every year before Christmas?

Dr. appt. at 2:30... I'll let you know what he says.

P.S. Em's pediatrician is one of her favorite people she knows. He isn't in today, and so she will have to see another doc in the practice. When I explained this to her, she was quite ticked.

No comments: