Sunday, March 29, 2009

I stole two cans of tuna today

Today was grocery shopping day. Normally I go to three grocery stores to play the grocery game, but I knew there was no way that I could do three today. I planned on just two.

By the time I got done with the second store I was so tired. The check-out clerk was extremely slow, and it seemed like her slowness just perpetuated the feeling of being tired and sore.

When I finally got out to my car I could feel myself getting wheepy. This is what I do when I am over-tired. I loaded my groceries and pulled my purse off the top shelf of the shopping cart... and there laying under my purse were two cans of tuna.

I hadn't paid for the tuna. And the idea of returning to the store to wait in line with the super-slow check out clerk just wasn't an option.

I got in my car, so upset from being tired, and hating that I can't do what I normally do. I was also upset about being a thief. I vowed to return the tuna cans tomorrow on the way to Emily's dance class.

So there you have it. I'm a tuna thief.

3 comments:

Justin said...

I'll check back tomorrow night to make sure you returned them

Jenny said...

Malisa, you crack me up.

Justin said...

but did you take them back???