Monday, April 27, 2009

34 Weeks

This morning I went to my bi-weekly appt. Scott and I have resolved that our doctor could potentially want to take the babies at any time now if something should alarm her at an appt. Therefore we've each packed a hospital bag to be kept in the car with a fully stocked diaper bag.

Luckily today was not that day. My doctor strapped me into the non-stress test machine with elastic bands and monitors for each baby, as well as a contraction monitor. Basically all I do is sit in this comfy recliner in a special room with a t.v. and watch HGTV for 30 minutes while the computer prints out a strip of both babies' heart rates and another strip that shows any contractions I have. When the doctor came back in she said that the babies' strip looked fabulous... just as perfect as could be! However, I did have some contractions that concerned her. *Side note- I've been telling her for three weeks now that my contractions happen all the time, but she chalked that up with having twins and called it "normal"...until now* She said that now I needed to be on bed-rest... not just "limited activity." At least she understood what I was trying to tell her before, because these contractions get painful!

So now I am on bed-rest. I would say that for the past three days I haven't been up moving around too much at all just because the pressure and contractions get painful, and I sit down. So "bed-rest" won't be too much of a change from the activity level that I had this weekend.

Oh well. I would really like to shoot for 36 weeks, but right now we are just making it day by day, knowing that every day these two keep baking the better! But that doesn't mean that I don't feel a little whiny every once in awhile. I told my mom on the phone this morning "I just want these babies OUT!" But then I remind myself that it wouldn't be good for them to be born now, even it it meant getting my body back! :)

And just for a little perspective... at normal OB appts. the doctor takes a measurement of of a pregnant woman's fundal (sp?) height. Basically the outside measurement of the big 'ole belly from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus. Well, today mine measured 45 weeks. Yeah. So, not that it is possible, but if a woman could go five whole weeks late with her singleton baby, her belly would be as big as mine is right now. Great. I can't wait to see what I will look like in another week! *sarcasm*

No comments: