Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The hazards of a moring w/o coffee

A few weeks ago we had a major dilemma in our house. The coffee maker broke, before I even had a chance to get a cup, on a Sunday morning.

I'll wait while you finish gasping.

Yes, it was quite an ordeal, however my husband graciously left the house as quickly as he could to run to the store and get me a new one. He brought home the new pot, and we quickly discovered that it wasn't "new" at all. It had obviously been used, and was missing several critical pieces. Off to the store my lovely hubby went again, this time returning victorious! I don't if it was love that drove him to the store, or fear of dealing with a decaffeinated wife!

A very similar situation happened to this very inspirational lady and I had to laugh as I thought about the way coffee drives so many women through the morning.

Well, today is a case in point, so to speak. I had to have blood work done at 8 a.m. Scott was home today, so it was the perfect opportunity to make this appt. so he could watch the kids. The only problem was that I had to fast, and couldn't drink my morning cup of coffee.

Three major events occurred as a result. First of all, I backed the van up in to the front of Scott's truck. Thankfully nobody was hurt, and the vehicles were unmarked. Then I got to the waiting room, and as they called me back to the lab, I tripped over my own feet and fell on the rug, leaving what I was afraid would be a rug burn on my forehead.

Then while I was waiting in the lab, the receptionist came in and asked me when I'd moved out of state. Confused, I asked her what she meant. She told me that they had an address on file for here in Irmo, but "when did I move to Bakersfield, CA?" I must have had a dumbfounded look, because she showed me the paper I'd filled out while waiting this morning, with MY PARENT'S ADDRESS ON IT! I haven't lived there since I was 19!?! Who knows why I put that down!

All I can say, is that this girl needs coffee in the morning! Lots of coffee! If not, somebody will get hurt!

3 comments:

Justin said...

ok, nobody can question my love of coffee, but I like to think that I can at least accomplish the basic tasks of modern life...like walking...without a cuppa

Jenny said...

Glad you survived. I don't attempt to drive without it (as you well know).

Anne said...

I'm just laughing so hard as I read this because I'm having de ja vu!