Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Random Tuesday Post

Couple things going on in our home right now:

1. Elsie's hives have gotten much better, however Eli also had something that we think was hives. Don't know if that means we need to flag his medical chart for a penicillin allergy too, or if it was something else. I'm learning that with parenting there are rarely any definite answers.

2. Emily has been fighting off some yucky congestion/cough/sore throat thing. I didn't send her to preschool yesterday after she said, "Mom, I think I'd rather stay home and sleep." This was so against the normal, that I kept her at home.

3. While my randomness is centered around medical issues I guess I should mention that I woke up with pink eye this morning. That's right! The whole crusty swollen shut eye thing was going on in full force. I'm sure that the first thought Scott had this morning was NOT that his wife was beautiful.

4. Eli has a strong arm that he uses to hit, push, and pull things. This morning while I was trying to get his breakfast of pears and oatmeal cereal ready, he was sitting in his bumbo on top of the kitchen table right next to the fruit bowl. Before I could stop him, he picked up an apple and threw it on the ground. Then a kiwi. What a boy!

5. Emily helped me make a new recipe the other day. When it was finished she took a bite. I asked her what she thought and she replied, "Mommy, this tastes so good! I think my heart is breaking!" I just love this girl! She brings a smile to my face every day!

6. Emily had a play date today. We're thankful to get out of the house and visit friends. Sometimes the rainy weather keeps us inside far too much!

7. Tonight my Bible study group is taking a hiatus to enjoy ourselves with a Reindeer Trot/Walk, followed by breakfast for dinner at Cracker Barrel. I can't wait!

8. This must be my lucky week, because not only will I be out tonight, but tomorrow night Scott and I have a date! That's right! I real date with dinner and everything! Our friends Amber and Steven said they would like to watch the babies to give us a night off. What a blessing to have time to ourselves! We're looking forward to it!

9. Tomorrow I plan on baking some pies with Emily. I'm thinking we need an apple and a pumpkin. The bad thing about that Scott likes neither. I guess I'd better bake something else with chocolate for him! :)

10. I got all three kids down for a nap this afternoon. And there was a brief moment, about thirty minutes, that they were all asleep at the same time. This is totally a feat in itself. I feel like I should be wearing a medal!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: