Thursday, November 05, 2009

Momma's Boy

I have a sweet boy who loves me a lot. He wakes in the middle of the night to show me how much he loves and needs me. And he refuses to sleep in his crib to show me how much more comfortable he is in my arms. He yells and screams when he sees his sister being fed, so much in fact that I actually have to leave the room sometimes to nurse Elsie so that he doesn't get super fussy.

Yes, my boy thinks I'm pretty cool. And I keep trying to tell myself that in a few years I will be so sad that he doesn't need me like this anymore. But until then, I'm pretty tired. Two hours a night doesn't do much for exhaustion. This too shall pass. And until it does I will search for all the patience and grace I can muster as I get through the day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Malisa,
I'm so sorry you are having a hard time with the kiddos. I hope it gets better soon.