Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Volunteers in Haiti

I called our pediatrician's office this afternoon to see about an appt. for Elsie and Eli. Nothing too urgent, just that I think Elsie's wakefulness at night is due to her being uncomfortable with reflux, and maybe another stronger medicine is in order.

Anyhow, the front office girl knew who I was when I called because we are there so often. (I'm serious... I think she recognized my voice!) She told me that Dr. Cope is in Haiti volunteering his time until next week. She had just got word that his plane had landed safely there.

We will be praying for Dr. Cope and his safety, as well as for the children that he will serve. I'm grateful for doctors like him, who jump on the chance to serve our God in the middle of a horrible event like this.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a great doctor!