Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charlotte

Yesterday we went to Charlotte for the day with Scott's dad and Mary. We had a great time. It was the perfect reason to get out of the house and do something for the day. We left shortly after eight, and arrived at Bass Pro. Emily loves this place. She doesn't understand the animal heads everywhere, and has asked on numerous occasion about the reindeer that got stuck in the wall. I think that she really believes that on the other side of the wall is the remainder of that reindeer's body. Lucky for us, the other side of the wall is inaccessible, and we're saved the drama of that realization.

We had lunch at one of my mom's favorite restaurants. When guests come to visit we always bring them to Sticky Fingers. It is a great local chain with fabulous ribs.

We did some strolling through the mall, and then headed to Costco where we found lots of Costco favorites. These include: costco breakfast muffins (you know, the ones that are completely fattening and will add one pound each, but are completely heavenly??) new socks all around, and.... TRI-TIP!!! That's right! Perfectly trimmed, Costco tri-tip! Now, please understand that years ago I found out that the Southern population doesn't understand tri-tip. It isn't found in any grocery store, meat market, or warehouse shopping center. I did find a butcher at Publix who has at least heard of a tri-tip (he has friends in Texas) and he made his best attempt to cut one for me. It was good. Very small, and somewhat of the wrong shape, unlike what I'm used to. But I paid almost twenty dollars for it. Needless to say, I haven't been back to ask him to cut me one of those 8.99/ lb tri-tips since! My mom has on occasion lined the inside of her suitcase with frozen tri-tip. Right now there are four tri-tips in my fridge, and Scott and I are in a state of tri-tip bliss!

Finally we made a short trip to Trader Joes. I got my favorite coffee, Scott got his favorite peanutbutter pretzels, and some other great things.

The day was great, the kids were fabulous, and we had a very nice time getting out of the house.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. And Yeah! I am so happy that you updated your family picture on your blog so that we can see all of your beautiful children. They've grown so much already, its time for a new picture. :)
Maybe we can squeeze that in when I'm there for their birthday.