Thursday, April 08, 2010

Twins update

I haven't posted updates in awhile regarding what the twins are up to these days. I figured it was high time.

I will start with Eli:
- He is ever increasingly aware of his sister... what she is doing, what she wants to play with. On more than one occasion I have watched him stop what he was doing to just sit and watch her. Sometimes when she does something he thinks is funny, he will giggle and smile as he watches. I'm pretty sure this means he loves her very much, which overflows my heart with joy.
- He crawls. and crawls. and crawls. I keep thinking that all this chasing around should make me skinny. He certainly keeps me on my toes! He often crawls over to where I am am pulls on my legs, whining, until I pick him up.
- He is also pulling himself to standing. Whoa. Not quite cruising yet, but its sure to follow for sure!
- Eli loves the front storm door. With the weather being so gorgeous, we often have the front door open to see out through the storm door. Eli loves to walk over to it, pull himself to standing, and bang while he watches the goings on outdoors. The door sometimes doesn't close all the way, which presents a hazard. One day last week I was walking through the living room and saw him sitting on the welcome map on the front porch, looking at me through the storm door with a big proud smile. Needless to say I was scared out of my mind. We now keep the storm door locked.
- He loves outdoors. Anything outdoors is his favorite.
- Eli (and Elsie too) pretty much thinks Emily is the coolest kid on the block. There is nothing that she does that isn't fascinating. They both look at her in awe as she sings, reads, or plays with them. In their eyes, Emily was born first to be the provider of entertainment.

Cute Eli story: While on the beach Elsie and Eli were getting tired, so I put them in our little beach sun hut so they could sleep. Eli wasn't having it, so he sat up and watched me as I patted Elsie's back. Elsie was very tired, and just stayed laying on her tummy. After awhile of patting her back, Eli reached out and gently began patting Elsie's back too. It was simply precious!

Elsie is next:
- Elsie is the most social baby I have ever met. No clue where a child of mine could be so social?!? :) For example, last week we were at the grocery store and I had one of the big carts that has room for two babies to sit in. (LOVE that about Kroger!) I was looking at cereal, all the sudden this lady down the aisle started laughing out loud. She told me that Elsie smiled really big, and craned her neck until the lady caught her eye. When the lady smiled back, Elsie waved her little hand. So cute to see this little girl bring joy to people she doesn't even know. Reminds me so much of Emily!
- She loves to eat! I pretty much give everything we're eating to the babies now, with exceptions for high allergy foods of course. Elsie puts food in her mouth and literally savors her favorite foods. She loves cottage cheese, and rigatoni. She eats all sorts of vegetables with green peas being her favorite. We all love to watch her eat.
-She doesn't move. She literally sits in the same spot until I pick up. She doesn't like to lay on the ground, she like to sit, and that's what she does. She plays with the toys around her, and can reach forward, bending almost in half to reach things in front of her. But no toy is motivating enough to actually try and crawl. She is just too content to sit.
- Elsie's hair in completely out of control. It stands up all over, and the top is much longer than the back and sides, which creates this massive tuft of hair that blows in the wind. And she LOVES when her hair blows in the wind which makes her a huge fan of the ceiling fan!
-Elsie is still very fascinated with textures. Her favorite books are those with different parts to touch and feel. However, she absolutely abhors the grass. Touching the grass is awful, and she throws a massive fit if just one of her toes touches the stuff.
- She is my morning girl. She wakes with a happy grin on her face the moment she wakes. I'm sure she will grow up to annoy her college roommates with her 6 a.m. zest for life, just like I did to my college roommates.

Cute Elsie story: We went to this obnoxious tourist restaurant while on vacation (there is seriously a whole other post that needs to come regarding this restaurant). It was a buffet, so I tried to find things the babies could eat. I brought back a plate and cut up some rigatoni for Elsie and Eli. Elsie thought it was the most splendid food ever! She loved the ricotta cheese. But Eli didn't really care for it as much, and began tossing some of his food on the floor. Elsie didn't mind when he was tossing the green beans on the floor, but every time he tossed a piece of her beloved rigatoni on the floor, she would whine and whimper at the tragedy. She kept looking at me to make it stop, and got upset at Eli for wasting such a yummy item. I couldn't help but laugh!

No comments: