Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Dishwasher

This is the toy of choice for the twins. Especially Elias.

The way our new set-up works the play area is in the large eat-in kitchen area. I sit in my chair and watch as Scott does the kitchen chores. One of my favorite things to watch is when he tries to load the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. The moment he pulls the door down, Eli and Elsie stop what they're doing and crawl straight over to pull themselves up and play in the dishwasher. No other toy holds their attention agains the magic dishwasher.

In order to actually get the dishes loaded, Scott has to rinse every dish and keep them in the sink. Then he opens the dishwasher and loads up as many dishes as possible before the attack of the twins. Its a race every morning to see what he can shove in before they are there to pull the items back out.

And forget unloading the dishwasher when the twins are awake. That job is reserved for when they're napping. There is just no other way to do it. Eli is very helpful with the silverware, however the other dishes he just throws across the floor, resulting in broken items. Its really quite funny.

I guess I should just be thankful they haven't taken an interest in the oven!

1 comment:

Heather and Travis said...

The twins would get along so well with Morgan Kate. She is slightly obsessed with the dishwasher. I feel like I do the same thing Scott does....I race to get it loaded and unloaded. The same with the washing machine and dryer. Don't get me wrong, I love all the help, but sometimes the "helper" doesn't do it quite right. :)