Monday, June 07, 2010

Oh Bother

So I broke my leg today. What a bummer.

The kids were outside, the twins in the stroller, and I ran back in to get the beach towels that were in the exact place Emily said they weren't. I was rushing to get back out to the babies, when I tripped over this toy and landed on my ankle.

It hurt pretty bad, and I was rolling around screaming for Scott. Then when he got there I screamed it him to leave me alone and told him that I would be fine. Funny how we treat those we love when we're in pain.

Eventually we went to the urgent care where an x-ray revealed it was indeed broken. I go tomorrow to the orthopedist where I plan on talking him in to giving me just a walking cast. Surely he will agree, right? I'm praying he will. I was given some oxycodine which I didn't fill at the pharmacist. I'm already part crazy, so giving me that type of medicine would result in a full out whack-o Malisa. All prescription pain meds give me horrible nightmares, make me nauseous, or both. I'd rather take ibuprofen.

So right now I am already bored to tears, thinking of all the things I wanted to get done today, and probably won't get to do for another four to six weeks. Holy goodness. That's a long time! I'm also pretty bummed that I was doing so well with my running routine, and now that is obviously out. Surely they make video exercise dvd's for people with broken limbs, right? If not, then I know what my "get rich quick" idea will be! :)

Until then I am thanking our Father for the wonderful friends who came and watched our kids so Scott could drive me to the hospital. And our friends that brought us dinner. What fabulous people. And I'm also praising God for knowing how much I would need a husband like Scott. He doesn't need to be told what time the babies need to be fed, or changed, or put to bed. He knows how to do everything around the house, and effortlessly slipped in to the roll of both dad ad mom as he fed the twins and put them to bed. He is just that fabulous. And my sweet Emily is worried about my leg, and already gave me her "get well soon" bear that she got when her tonsils were taken out. I just love that girl.

I'm thinking this is the verse I need to memorize this week:

"See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2

4 comments:

Adam said...

Geez!

That is terrible news! Of course, now you have the most guilt-inducing story to tell when your kids complain about having to clean up their toys!

Not only do you get to throw the pain of childbirth at them, you get to point at your broken leg when they leave toys out.

Samantha said...

You will most definitely be in my prayers, as will Scott!
And I'm not sure if they make exercise DVD's for broken legs, but I do know TTapp makes one that's all from a seated position. I think it's more for seniors, but it might be worth checking into.

Heather and Travis said...

Hi Malisa! I found your blog through Allison's blog and then Kerri's blog. I have "lurked" over before, but never commented. I think I also know you from several district committees.

So...now that I sound like a total stalker, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. So many of your posts really hit home with me. I especially enjoyed your Front Porch Conversations post. Thank you for allowing me to see that I too have learned many things these past two years.

So sorry to hear that you have broken your leg. That's terrible! Will be thinking of you!

:)Heather
aka "The Lurker"

Laura said...

Oh, Malisa! We are praying for you and your fam! I am going to move the weebles toys away from my front door right now (no joke...Bre was just playing with them). Thank goodness for Scott and your big helper Emily, what blessings!

(By the way I am blogging now, in case you're bored. www.sew-girl.blogspot.com)
Laura