Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here's a list of things I'm thankful for today:

- All the meals brought by neighbors and friends. I'm quickly thinking we may be the neediest family in the SJP, and I'm looking forward to returning the favor. We've had some amazing dinners. What a load off to not worry about dinner!

- The neighborhood girls: So far we've had three different "mommy helpers" come over and play with the twins. I can't even carry a baby because of the crutches, so its so nice to have young girls come over and help us with the babies.

- Scott has a meeting today. He really needed a break, so these meetings that he has all day today and Friday are really great for him.

- I'm thankful for Scott's step-mom, Mary, who is taking care of us today, and Meesh who is taking care of us tomorrow.

- Yesterday Meesh brought us a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They were fabulously wonderful. Not sure if that makes a her a good friend or not! :)

- McDonalds. Unhealthy? Yes. But it made for a great drive-thru lunch today that served as a chance to get out of the house.

- Time. I'm thankful for time to sit in my chair and plan for next year. I've already bought a teaching lesson plan book. Sounds lame. But I'm excited!

- Blocks. I stack them up. The twins knock them over. They think its hysterical every time. Glad I can make them laugh. It makes me feel better.

- Brownies. One of the sweet kids down the street just brought me the sweetest homemade card and a plate of (still warm) brownies.

- Eli's chocolate face after he helped me eat a brownie.

- Watching Robin Hood with Emily in our bed. Fun times.

No comments: