Thursday, January 05, 2006

Obviously We're Not in CA anymore

Now that Malisa and I are back in the crazy town of Irmo, we had to face reality. Malisa is back and work and I have spent a few days sleeping. It’s hard planning for class, getting correct dates for papers due, establishing relationships with the school I’m working at, buying textbooks through Amazon, stressing about statistics and do I have the right calculator, and reading.

I begin a new semester on Tuesday. I’m teaching a reading methods class at Lake Murray Elementary School 5 hours each Tuesday. Students are in the class observing and working with students and I’m responsible for the other 4 hours. I thought it would be difficult planning that many hours but I’m already pressed for time on the first day of class. On Wednesday I take my second of two Advanced Language Acquisitions courses and Thursday is the dreaded Educational Statistics. On Saturday I take my second of four Language & Lit courses. I’m looking forward to this class because I’m reading all books by authors I know nothing about. I know my thinking will be pushed dramatically.

So once again it’s another jam-packed semester in which I’ll constantly be on the go driving all over Columbia getting from one place to the next. Thankfully the coursework will not be as difficult as it was last semester. And no more food court research!

No comments: