Friday, November 17, 2006

All by myself...and other rambles

My mom left today. She had been visiting all week. We had a great time... that's a whole additional post. However, she flew home today.

Also, Scott's NCTE conference is this weekend in Nashville. He missed his plane Thursday morning (after Wednesday night's storm) and finally was able to leave this morning. He's in Nashville now, but they lost his luggage... again that is a whole additional post.

But what I DO want to post about is how excited I am to have this weekend to myself! I know we all feel a little bit of relief when visitors end their stay, even visitors that make life easier when they are around, like my mom. But I am just glad to have this weekend with Emily to myself. Even Scott being gone doesn't really bother me. I'm sure after a couple of days I will want him to come home, but right now I am good! Emily and I made a big bowl of popcorn and watched a disney movie tonight until she fell asleep on me. Loved that. And really we have no plans besides grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner and cleaning some house. Maybe some scrapbooking.

Life is slowing down, and I am thankful.

On another note, we did get struck by the big storm on Wednesday night. This was the same storm that hit North Carolina, killing eight. Just about the entire state was under a tornado watch at some point, our county was under a watch for over ten hours. That didn't make for good sleeping. Besides the lightening and thunder was so loud and bright. Emily didn't sleep so well, so nobody slept well. My mom was here for that, and I don't think she liked it very well. The weather alarm radio goes off every time the NWS issues a warning or alert for our county. After the "tornado watch" went out (a watch means conditions are favorable, warning means an actual tornado has formed) we sat waiting to see if the alarm would go off again. At one point it did, and I started to race down the hall to get Emily, but it was a flood alert. My heart was racing a little bit, but other than that we didn't have any actual cells form around us. It was quite inconveniant to sleeing though.

Anyhow, I hope everybody has a great weekend!

No comments: