Monday, December 10, 2007

Summer in December

Today was one of those days that could've turned out crummy, but actually turned into an unexpected blessing. Emily is still running a fever, so I stayed home with her to take her to the doctor. Sure enough, one sinus infection and a prescription later, and problem solved. We got home right as she fell asleep for her afternoon nap.

Quite unexpectedly I found myself home on a Monday, with a sleeping Emily, most all housework done, and my MIL at an orientation for her new job. Fabulous! Not to mention the high today was 80. I opened all the windows in the house, and then changed into my summer uniform of jean shorts, flip-flops, and a t-shirt. Yes, it is December, but when it is that warm with 90% humidity, that's what I where.

I spent a couple of hours outside at the patio table catching up on the bible study that I was worrying about finishing. It was fabulous. Hopefully we will get some cold weather in Bakersfield so that it will really seem like Christmas. :)

No comments: