Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday plans... sort of

Today is one of those days where we are busy, but not really. We have a lot of little things that need to get done, but no apparent time frame or order in which to do them. So far the Christmas tree and decorations have been taken down, but there are still needles in the carpet, and the rest of the downstairs needs a good thorough cleaning. I guess that's next.

I also have plans this afternoon to add mulch to the vegetable garden, do some winter weeding, and plan where I am going to plant the late winter seeds that I just ordered. Oh, and this year I am going to try potatoes... from potato eyes indoors, and transplanting them out when they are larger. We shall see how that goes. Another new try this year will be onions. I ordered green, red, and sweet walla wallas. Besides the trip to Colorado for the wedding, we should be home most of the summer. Hopefully this will help the veggie garden. All the weeks gone last summer combined with the severe drought did not bode well for growing. I have big expectations for this summer.

Have a great Saturday!

No comments: