Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Water Bug



One of the best jobs I have ever had was being a swim coach. I loved the RBG swim team that I worked for. Loved my first boss who was also my 6th grade math teacher and vice-principal. I even loved teaching swim lessons. However, when it is your own child, it is not so easy.

For Emily, it is hard to differentiate between playing with mommy in the pool, and mommy "teaching" how to swim. It is all the same to her. Which is why Scott and decided it was time to try out the structured swim lessons.
Emily was ready to go in her two piece speedo bikini and Little Mermaid goggles. She couldn't wait to get there.

After three weeks, she is still fearless and excited to go each Saturday morning. I think we may sign her up again. Not that I don't have the occasional comment that asks what in the world they are doing when I think I could do a better, more age-appropriate job, but still. The class setting and structure at this point are more important than the "learning to swim." And she is having a ball.

No comments: