Thursday, April 03, 2008

Feels like home


Tried out this place today. We were in West Columbia picking up my new cel phone from FedEx, and decided that it was a perfect time to go. The entire place reminded Scott and I of a cafe that could sit right on Olive St. and do so well in the Tower. It was completely decorated with local artist's pieces and had a simple, yet delicious menu. The place is known for its "hangover hash browns" that were written up in Sunset magazine a couple years back.

I had a half sandwich and cup of soup. Soup was curry lintel, and probably one of the best soups I have ever had. Now I feel compelled to find a recipe and try it at home. Scott had a great sandwich too but Emily, who ironically always finds the best dishes on the menu, got a breakfast sandwich on a croissant that was too good.

We followed dinner by splitting a huge piece of chocolate cake with milk for Em and coffee for Scott and me. The day was misty and overcast, and the ambiance of the place combined with that soup and coffee made my day. We will surely go back again. Its so nice to find a place like that when you least expect it!

No comments: