Thursday, May 21, 2009

This week's happenings





There has been a lot going on this week. There have been people who have left phone messages that I haven't returned, and there are many thank-you notes to be written. Please know that even though we haven't returned phone calls or sent notes with promptness, we do appreciate all the excitement and help from our family and friends!

Here are some of the many things this week has brought to the Johnson household:

1. My grandparents arrived Monday. Emily thinks her great-grandpa is her personal play toy, and great-grandma is another great help with everything around the house. We're so grateful!

2. Elsie's big appt. was yesterday. Right after the pediatrician wrote orders for yet another blood work up to be done at the hospital on Elsie, the fax came in with her previous test results. So after he walked out of the room, he was back in shortly after to rip up the orders and to explain the great news that all of her infant blood screen results now showed normal levels in all areas. What an answer to prayer that was!

3. Emily has been so busy with dance and preschool. She's had dress rehearsal, pictures, and awards for dance. And Thursday was her last day of preschool. She dressed up as Mary Mary Quite Contrary for her Nursery Rhyme Celebration.

4. We dropped Mom off at the airport today. This is always so hard. I know that after three weeks away she was worn out and ready to be home... we are too after extended California trips and we understand the relief to be back at home. And she and my dad missed each other so much. However, Scott and I will never be able to explain how wonderful it was for her to be here. We wouldn't have made it through the last three weeks without her. And boy have three weeks flown by!

5. Tomorrow I plan on going to my school to visit my kids who I haven't seen in over a month. I can't wait! Since Elsie's blood work is normal I look forward to introducing them to class and visiting the people I work with that miss seeing every day. I will also deliver my official notice of resignation. That will be hard. I've been putting it off for a long time, but now that Scott signed his contract with his school district, we're comfortable with me putting it in writing.

6. Elsie and Eli are three weeks old today. I promise to send better pictures tomorrow, but these are some of them individually.


I'm sure you can imagine the many pediatrician, OB/GYN, and lactation appt's that we've been attending for the past two weeks. Team that up with the events above, and we really haven't had much time at home! I know that sounds crazy, but it is so true. I look forward to next week (only one pediatrician appt.) when we can hopefully hang out at home and develop some sort of a schedule.

No comments: